MTR Extra: Bonner's famous HS teammate
Meet the Rookies is a 10-part television/web series that takes you off the field and into the lives of the newest additions to the Houston Texans. Find out who the Texans draft picks are, not just as players, but as people.
Alan Bonner, WR, Jacksonville State
5-10, 193, Sixth-round (195)
1. While D.J. Swearinger and Sam Montgomery were high school teammates for Greenwood High School in Greenwood, S.C., Bonner had a high school teammate who was drafted this year. He went to Newnan High School in Newnan, Ga. with first-round pick Alec Ogletree. Ogletree was taken with the 30th pick by the Rams.
2. Bonner was the second player ever to be drafted from little-known Jacksonville State University.
3. He was set to go to UAB before the Blazers took their offer off the table weeks before signing day, he said.
4. Bonner was excited to get to a Wing Stop in Houston. He said they don't have them in Atlanta.
5. The feeling of getting drafted was the best feeling Bonner said he's ever had in his life. "I always dreamed of playing in the NFL," he said.
[WATCH: Meet the Rookies: Sixth-rounder Alan Bonner]
6. Bonner was a quarterback in his first two years of high school. He had a position battle with one of his good friends and lost. That's when he became a wideout.
7. His favorite sports memory was when Jacksonville State beat Ole Miss in double overtime his sophomore year.
8. Bonner's favorite movie is "Friday" and he’s a big movie fan.
9. Although it’s a small town, Bonner is not the most talented receiver to come out of Newnan. The Detroit Lions' Calvin Johnson was born and raised in Newnan.
10. Bonner’s hometown loves zombies. His high school was used in the AMC TV show The Walking Dead, as the final scenes of season two. Also portions of the hit movie Zombieland were filmed in Newnan, GA.