MTR Extra: Brennan Williams the pirate
Meet the Rookies is a 10-part television/web series that takes you off the field and into the lives of the newest additions to the Houston Texans. Find out who the Texans draft picks are, not just as players, but as people.
Brennan Williams, OT, North Carolina
6-6, 318, Third-round (89)
1. Williams is a self-proclaimed “huge (pro) wrestling fan.” He watches it a lot and can talk about it for hours. He’s been a fan for about 15 years.
2. His favorite wrestler growing up was the Rock.
3. If Williams was a wrestler, his entrance music would be “The Baddest Man Alive” by the Black Keys. “I’ve thought about it,” he said. “It would fit perfectly.”
4. In his spare time, Williams plays video games, reads comic books and LARPs (live-action role playing). Yeah, like what you saw on the movie “Role Models.” He hasn’t found a place to LARP in Houston yet.
5. His father, Brent Williams, played defensive end in the NFL from 1986-1993 with the Patriots, Seahawks and Jets.
[WATCH: Meet the Rookies: Third-rounder Williams]
6. Aside from being a former NFL player, Brent Williams is a financial adviser, so he gives his son plenty of financial advice.
7. Williams painted his face for just about every game in college.
8. His hair makes him look like a pirate and he knows it. This is his response about people saying he looks like a pirate: “I think that’s pretty sweet. I’d be a pirate … if that was a viable thing to be in this day and age.”
9. He played in the High School All American game in San Antonio but he had never been to Houston before being drafted.
10. He was a teammate of Texans backup quarterback T.J. Yates at North Carolina in 2009 and 2010.